Here are some details of my concerts and other events in the next few months. If you have enjoyed reading my blog and would like to attend a live event (concert, teaching, talk) please look to see if there’s one near you. You can also read reviews from previous concerts.
If you are interested in booking me as a speaker, please visit the Speakers’ Bureau of the Ed Victor Agency.
In 2013 I’m starting work on a new book. My ‘events’ will be gathered into certain periods of the year:
- 4-15 September, I’m on the jury of the ARD Competition in Munich, Germany
- 22-29 September, I’m participating in the ‘Open Chamber Music’ of the International Musicians’ Seminar in Prussia Cove
- 16 October at 7pm (note early start time), I’m giving a solo recital for City Music Society at Bishopsgate Institute, London. Programme: Haydn E flat Sonata, Schumann Davidsbuendler, Mozart Sonata in B flat K570, Billly Mayerl piano pieces. Tickets are free for students under 25 on production of a valid ID.
- 20 October from 2.30-6pm, coaching at ChamberStudio, King’s Place, London
- 23 October at 7.30pm, I’m giving a solo recital at the Salzburg Mozarteum, Solitaer Concert Hall, Salzburg, Austria. My programme focuses on ‘Billy Mayerl and his influences’, and includes works by Ravel, Gershwin, Grieg, Joplin, Debussy and Stravinsky as well as Mayerl.
- 23 October 10-12 am, masterclass at the Mozarteum, Salzburg
- 25-27 October, I’m coaching with Tim Boulton on the Marryat Chamber Music course in London (concerts by participants on the evenings of 27 and 28 October are restricted to Friends of the Marryat Players)
- November 1-3: residency at Bowdoin College, Maine, USA. On Saturday Nov 2nd I’m giving a talk at 10am, a solo recital at 7.30pm, and on Sunday 3 Nov I’m giving a masterclass from 1-3pm.
- November 15, 2-4pm, coaching at Denis Arnold Hall, Oxford University music faculty
- November 19 at 7.45pm: Wimbledon International Music Festival concert with Erich Hoebarth, an all-Mozart programme, in St John’s Church, Spencer Hill, Wimbledon
- November 22, 2-4pm: coaching at Denis Arnold Hall, Oxford University music faculty
- November 22 from 6.40-7.15pm: a short recital of light piano music of the 1920s, Grove Auditorium, Magdalen College, Oxford (open to the public, admission free, first come first served)
- December 8 from 2.30-6, coaching for ChamberStudio at King’s Place, London